This is short hand used in the recipes:
C = cup(s)
fl oz = fluid ounces
g = grams
oz = ounces
ml = milliliters
T = tablespoon
t = teaspoon
*C = degrees in Centigrade
*F = degrees in Fahrenheit
- Read the recipe thoroughly before you begin baking and cooking.
- Prepare any baking or cooking tins before you start baking or cooking.
- Similarly, have ready and to hand the ingredients and tools that the recipes requires before you start baking and cooking.
- Take care when using sharp objects, such as knives. It is better to be slow and steady than fast and injured!
- Similarly, take care with anything that has been heated or had heat applied to it. It is worthwhile to invest in a good quality oven glove.
- An oven thermometer is a great – and reasonably inexpensive – investment, especially if you have an older oven.
- Before I start to cook or bake in earnest, I like to have a bowl of washing up water at the ready. Then I can wash up as I go, clean items that I may need for different ingredients (i.e. measuring spoons) etc.
- I like to make a cup of tea or mug of coffee before I begin and often have some music on in the background. I like to turn it into an experience if I can 🙂